- In gladiator background 5e you’ve gained some fame (or the infamy) by participating in the sport of the armed combat and it is being pitted in the battle which is opposite to the other d&d gladiator backgrounds, wild animals and also the magical beasts which always for the enjoyment of the masses.
- Of course, sometimes these battles are preceded by the most competitions of the martial skill like the archery contests, chariot or foot races, through the dangerous obstacle courses.
- The gladiatorial combats might be held in the public arenas which is sponsored by the ruler or government, or it could be clandestine, held the underground in any secret clubs and it is for the profit of a criminal organization.
- By chance or against your will you might have been become a d&d 5e gladiator background it always happens after having been either captured or sold into the slavery.
- Or it could be you might were a criminal, condemned to the arena like the punishment those who succeeded despite the odds.
Ok let’s back to our main topic….
- Mostly in lots of societies, gladiatorial combat is a brutal, to the death sport. However, in some of the most enlightened places, it might be no more than the mock-combat and choreographed to look real while posing little actual danger to its participants, even if its fighting is staged, it’s nearly this is known only to every gladiators and the people who sponsor the fights, with most spectators being an unaware of the true nature of the “sport”.
- Of course, after retiring from the arena you might have become an adventurer and either winning your freedom or escaping or you might still be an active gladiator 5e background and traveling the world to be proven yourself in any public combat against the warriors across the land.
We recommend you to check out all of our latest with updated information backgrounds from this link.
- Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Performance
- Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, Vehicles (land)
- Equipment: A costume, a trinket (such as a title belt, ornate sash, badge, or trophy) from a gladiatorial competition that you won, an unusual weapon (such as a net, scimitar, or trident), and a purse containing 15 gp.
Feature: Ring Name
Your skill like a gladiator d&d 5e background have been brought your fame (or infamy) and you are widely known by a ring name – of course a moniker which protects your identity. It might be a fictional first name and also a surname, a nickname (“jumbo joe”) or else a descriptive title (“The Brutal Barbarian”).
This ring name have been developed by many gladiators, into a full-blown stage persona, including the gimmicks and also exaggerated quirks which does make their performance with much more excitingly and more memorably too. You are encouraged to work with your dungeon master to flesh out the details of this persona.
Basically, from the beginning your ring name functions powerfully as a second identity, You might haven’t been recognized while wearing the normal clothing and also traveling under your real name, but most of the peoples far and wide they will recognize you and also treat you accordingly whenever you are wearing the costumes of yours and being called by your stage name.
Suggested Characteristics :
Even at the point of boasting these gladiators are generally outspoken. They do play their character in the arena but their true personality maybe quite different than that character.
With gifts most of your fans may shower you and also provide you food and also a place to sleep. All over, you are also likely to be a challenged by opportunists hoping to be famous by defeating you.
|D12||Options for personality traits|
|1||I strongly dislike one type of wild beasts (bears, wolves, lions, etc) that i once faced in combat.|
|2||I try to infuse my actions with a theatrical flourish, but will never admit that my showmanship is anything but genuine.|
|3||I only ever speak about myself in the third person.|
|4||I have a short catch phrase which i try to use in battle (and sometimes|
|5||I insist that others always (or never) call me by my ring name and will correct them whenever they do otherwise.|
|6||I pretend to be from a foreign land even though i actually grew up nearby (or vice versa).|
|7||I often use large, important sounding words when speaking, even if i do not always know what the words actually mean.|
|8||I am prone to telling stories of my past arena combats, even to people who have heard the same stories many times before.|
|9||I love a good insult, even one directed at me.|
|10||I get bitter if i'm not the center of attention.|
|11||I give combat pointers to nearly everyone i meet.|
|12||I'm confident in my own abilities and do what i can to install confidence in others|
|d8||Options for flaws|
|1||I have become so immersed in your gladiatorial persona that I now have a hard time separating yourself from it.|
|2||I can be short-sighted and myopic, pursuing a single goal tenaciously, while overlooking other peripheral matters.|
|3||I have a tendency to be unintentionally insulting or boastful.|
|4||I sometimes overestimate my abilities due to years of theatrically manufactured success.|
|5||I feel like a fraud and fear that your fans will discover that most of my victories were fixed.|
|6||I have a hard time trusting people, feeling that everyone is always trying to use you in some way.|
|7||I will do anything to win fame and renown.|
|8||I'm horribly jealous of anyone who outshines my performance in combat|
D&D Ideals List
|D8||Options For Ideals|
|1||Freedom: Now that I have gained my independence, I will never submit again.|
|2||Championship: I turn everything I do into a competition and I always strive to win.|
|3||Exaltation: The roar of the crowd chanting my name is all I need to be reinvigorated.(Good)|
|4||Greed: I'm only in it for the money and fame. (Evil)|
|5||Camaraderie: I treasure the friendship and fraternity of my fellow gladiators above all else. (Lawful)|
|6||Anonymity: I have grown tired of fame and fighting and wish now to put my past behind me. (Neutral)|
|7||Friendship: Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever. (Good)|
|8||Ambition: History remembers the great, and i want to be remembered. (Any)|
|D8||Options For Bonds|
|1||A foe that i once humiliated in the arena has swam vengeance against me (or vise versa)|
|2||I have sworn to oppose to oppose the person, organization, or government that forced me into the gladiatorial life.|
|3||I have owed to protect the family of a fellow gladiator that i once fought with.|
|4||I escaped from gladiatorial service and are now pursued relentlessly by my old masters.|
|5||I have visions of my brutal death, and live to undo the prophecy.|
|6||Though i has no choice, i lament having to leave my loved one(s) behind. I hope to see them again one day.|
|7||I will always make for the most dangerous foe.|
|8||I want to be famous, whatever it takes.|