Soldier Background 5e is an excellent background and it has so many features and it suggests some characteristics such as Personality Trait, Flaw, Ideal and Bond like all other 5e backgrounds.
If you’re eagerly searching for this soldier 5e then this article helps you a lot cause we have mentioned each and every aspect of this background. So let us begin.
- As long period as you care to remember, war has been your life for this particular 5e soldier background.
- In this background you have trained like a youth and you have studied the advantages of weapons and also armor.
- How to stay alive on the battlefield this kind of basic survival techniques also you have learned. During the recent war you might have been a member of a local militia that who rose to prominence or part of a standing national army or of course a mercenary company.
- Whenever you chose this d&d soldier background out of the d&d backgrounds and work with your Dungeon Master to determine like which military organization you were one part of, what kind of experiences you had at the time of your military career and how long through its ranks you progressed.
- So that time was it a standing army, village militia or a town guard? and also it might have been a mercenary company or a noble’s, or merchant’s private army.
- Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation
- Tool Proficiencies: Vehicle (Land), one type of gaming set
- Equipment: a set of bone dice or deck of cards, a belt pouch containing 10 gp, An insignia of rank, a set of common clothes, a trophy taken from a fallen enemy (a dagger, broken blade, or piece of a banner).
The horrors of war which is combined with the rigid discipline of the military service does leave their mark on all of its soldier background, creating the strong bonds, often leaving them scarred and vulnerable to fear, hatred and shame, shaping their ideals.
To play in your unit or army you had a specific role when your time as a 5e soldier. To determine your role you have to Roll D8 or you have to chose from the options in the below mentioned table.
|8||Support staff (cook, blacksmith, or the like)|
|D8||Options For Personality Traits.|
|1||I am always polite and respectful.|
|2||I am haunted by memories of war. i can't get the images of violence out of my mind.|
|3||I have lost too many friends and i am slow to make a new one.|
|4||I am full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience which is relevant to almost every combat situation.|
|5||I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.|
|6||I enjoy being strong and i like breaking things.|
|7||I have a crude sense of humor.|
|8||I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.|
|1||The monstrous enemy which we faced in battle still leaves me quivering with fear.|
|2||I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.|
|3||I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives—and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret.|
|4||My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.|
|5||I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.|
|6||I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong.|
|1||Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)|
|2||Responsibility. I do what I must and obey just authority. (Lawful)|
|3||Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. (Chaotic)|
|4||Might. In life as in war, the stronger force wins. (Evil)|
|5||Live and Let Live. Ideals aren’t worth killing over or going to war for. (Neutral)|
|6||Nation. My city, nation, or people are all that matter. (Any)|
|1||I would still lay down my life for the people I served with.|
|2||Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.|
|3||My honor is my life.|
|4||I’ll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it.|
|5||Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.|
|6||I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.|
Here is the “Useful Site“ for your favorite backgrounds list.
Feature: Military Rank
- In this D&d 5e soldier background we have a military rank and it has been since we’re a soldier. Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your influence and authority and also they will defer to you if they are of a lower rank.
- To exert influence over other soldiers and horses for temporary use or requisition simple equipment you can invoke your rank.
- To the fortresses where your rank is recognized and to friendly military encampments you can usually gain access for them also.
- We have many 5e backgrounds in dungeons and dragons like dnd 5e soldier background such as Acolyte Background 5e and also criminal background 5e.
Note: Before you use d&d backgrounds 5e you need to use some tools from those tools we suggest artisan tools 5e