When we want to have some different types of 5e backgrounds in our dungeons & dragons game we have many backgrounds such as pirate background, and also other popular backgrounds too at the same time we have dnd far traveler 5e background also. So in this blog we are going to discuss about this far traveler 5e. So let’s begin.
Overview Of Far Traveler 5e Background
In d&d 5e far traveler background almost all of the common people and also other folk which one might encounter along the sword coast or else on the north have one thing on the common:
- They live out their lives without they have ever traveling more than a few miles since where they were born.
- But you are not one of those folk. So you’re from the distant place, one is so remote which few of the common folk in the north realize which it exists and chances are also good which even if some of the people you meet that have heard of your homeland perhaps they know merely their name and most probably some of the few outrageous stories.
- For your own reasons only you might have come to this part of the Faerun like you may or may not choose to share.
- To be strange and discomfiting although you would find some of these lands ways undoubtedly and also you can be sure some of the things of its people take for granted will be for you new wonders which you had never ever laid your eyes on before.
- Almost the places any where you may go, By the same token you are the person of interest, for either good or ill which are those around you.
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Perception
Languages: Any One Of Your Choice (Any x1)
Tool Proficiencies: Any One either Musical Instrument or gaming set depends on your choice like something native to your homeland.
Equipment: Various equipments it has such as One set of traveler’s clothes, poorly wrought maps from your homeland that depict where you are in Faerun, any one musical instrument or gaming set you are proficient with, a pouch containing 5 gp, a small piece of jewelry worth 10 gp in the style of your homeland’s craftsmanship.
far traveler 5e traits are mentioned below by using the tables, so you can get them from the below tables.
|D6||Options For Personality Traits|
|1||I have various assumptions from those who around me concerning personal space.|
|2||I have myself my own ideas on what is and what is not food, i find the habits of eating of those around me fascinating, confusing, or revolting.|
|3||I have a strong code of honor or sense of propriety that others don't comprehend.|
|4||I express affection or contempt in ways that are unfamiliar to others.|
|5||I honor my deities through practices that are foreign to this land .|
|6||I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.|
|D6||Options For Flaw|
|1||I am secretly (or not so secretly) convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.|
|2||I pretend not to understand the local language in order to avoid interactions I would rather not have.|
|3||I have a weakness for the new intoxicants and other pleasures of this land.|
|4||I don't take kindly to some actions and motivations of the people of this land, because these folk are different from me.|
|5||I consider the adherents of other gods to be deluded innocents at best, or ignorant fools at worst.|
|6||I have a weakness for the exotic beauty of the people of these lands.|
|D6||Options For Ideal|
|1||Open. I have much to learn from the kindly folk I meet along my way. (Good)|
|2||Reserved. As someone new to these strange lands, I am cautious and respectful in my dealings. (Lawful)|
|3||Adventure. I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful! (Chaotic)|
|4||Cunning. Though I may not know their ways, neither do they know mine, which can be to my advantage. (Evil)|
|5||Inquisitive. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn. (Neutral)|
|6||Suspicious. I must be careful, for I have no way of telling friend from foe here. (Any)|
|D6||Options For Bond|
|1||So long as I have this token from my homeland, I can face any adversity in this strange land.|
|2||The gods of my people are a comfort to me so far from home.|
|3||I hold no greater cause than my service to my people.|
|4||My freedom is my most precious possession. I'll never let anyone take it from me again.|
|5||I'm fascinated by the beauty and wonder of this new land.|
|6||Though I had no choice, I lament having to leave my loved one(s) behind. I hope to see them again one day.|
Why Are You Here?
A far traveler background 5e might have set out on a journey for one of the many reasons and the departure from dnd 5e far traveler homeland could have been an involuntary or voluntary. To get determine why you are far away from the home land either roll on the table below or chose from the options which are provided. The below of the following sections discussing possible homelands including some of the suggested reasons which are appropriate for each and every location. You can also look at haunted one background.
Whether you would like to play the diplomat looking for the sake of curry favor with the far off the empire, however here the macro Polo-type is looking for opening the trade routes with all of your world’s equivalent of the Ghengis Khan (those who could be a bog standard warlord or, if you would like to get real weird with it, should definitely be a beholder), you can select from (or roll a d6 on) the table above, or else make up your own reason for coming all this way.
There is nothing to be lie, but the sightseer option shall give me a huge twoflower vibes from a color of magic. Even though, there is a luggage is 100% a pet mimic. *scribbles frantically in notebook* Looks like I have some new NPCs to add to the ol’ encounter table.
Where Are You From
Determining your home land is the most important decision while creating the d&d 5e far traveler background. To justify the use one of this specific dnd 5e backgrounds the places discussed from the below lines which are all sufficiently distant from the Sword Coast and the north.
1) The Underdark:
- Even though your home land is physically closer to the sword coast than the remaining locations such as Zakhara, Sossal, Mulhorand, Kara-Tur, Halruaa, Evermeet.
- The underdark is far more unnatural. In the underdark location you hail from one of the setelements and each of those which has its own strange customs and laws.
- If you’re are a true underdark native, as an emissary of your people you might have come to the surface other wise perhaps for escaping the accusations of criminal behavior (Whether they could be warranted or not).
- If you’re a native of one of the great subterranean settlements or cities then you’re perhaps the member of the race which do occupy the place but also you might have grown up there after being brought and captured below when you were a child.
- But if you’re not a native and your reasons for leaving “home” probably has something to do with getting them away from the very bad situation.
- As like the saying goes among which are those in Faerun who ever knows of the place, “To get to Zakhara, go south.
- Then go south some more ” when ever you came north from your place of birth from there you followed of course an equally long route.
- To visit the southern extremes of Faerun for trading purposes and few of them stray as far from home as you have, though it isn’t unusual for Zakharans.
- You might be traveling to find out what wonders have to be found either out side of the deserts and sword-like mountains of your homeland or perhaps you are on a pilgrimage to understand the gods which are worshiping by the others, for that so you might better appreciate to your own deities.
- Many have questions about sossal upon you and few have heard of your homeland.
- The humans from the sossal seem to be crafted from snow like with an alabaster skin and with white hair and also their dress typically in white.
- The sossal location exists far to the northeast and hard up against the endless ice to the north and also bounded on its other sides by the hundreds of miles of the Great Glacier and also the Great Ice Sea.
- Without the convincing reason no one from your nation will make the effort for crossing such colossal barriers.
- But you must need to seek something which is incredibly important or you must fear something which is truly terrible.
- Mulhorand is an alien to someone from the sword coast, actually from the terrain to the architecture to the god-kings that who rule over these lands almost everything about this place.
- When ever you left your desert home and then traveled to the unfamiliar climes of northern Faerun there you likely to be experienced the same sort of culture shock.
- Between Mulhorand and the distant parts of Faerun a corresponding increase in the traffic and recent events which is held in your homeland have led to the abolition of slavery.
- For many reasons, those who do leave behind the mulhorand’s sweltering deserts and also ancient pyramids for a glimpse at a different kind of life.
- To see the strangeness of this wet land has to offer, you might be in the north or just because you might have made so many enemies among the desert communities of your home.
- The continent of Kara-Tur is far to the east of Faerun and also it is home to the peoples whose customs aren’t femilier to the folk of the sword coast.
- All the peoples of Faerun likely refer to you as Shou if you come from this Kara-Tur place even if it is not your true ethnicity, why because because that’s the blanket term they use for everyone who shares your origin and the folk of the kara-tur travel to Faerun as diplomats occassionally or to the to forge trade relations with prosperous merchant cartels.
- You might have come to this kara-tur place as a part of the delegation and finally when the mission was over you decided to stay.
- This Halruaa is located on the southern edges of the Shining South and it has mountains all around it and the magocracy of halruaa is the bizarre land to the most in Faerun who knows well about it.
- Many of the folks who have heard of the strange skyships the Halruaans sail and some of the few know of the tales which are even the least of their people can do work magic.
- Actually these Halruaans thoroughly make their journeys into the Faerun for their personal reasons it’s been coming from their government has a strict stance against unauthorized involvement with other organizations and nations.
- But you could be a pilgrim who seeks the shrines of the gods of magic or you might have been exiled for breaking one of Halruaa’s many byzantine laws.
- The fabled elven islands which are far to the west are actually home to elves who never ever been to Faerun.
- Whenever they make the trip they eventually find it a harsher place than they expected.
- Evermeet is the logical (though not mandatory) choice for your homeland but you should be an elf.
- Most of those who emigrate from Evermeet are either emissaries who come to Faerun for a purpose that benefits elven culture, society or exiles, forced out for committing some infraction of elven law.
This blog post have been prepared with lots of efforts on the far traveler which is known as one of the best 5e backgrounds. If you really enjoyed this blog post then leave your feedback in the below comment section, your feedback will give us a great strength to provide more blog posts about various dungeons and dragons role playing 5e backgrounds.